There’s no party like the HOLY GHOST party ‘cuz the HOLY GHOST party don’t stop!
Joshua 1:2-6 — 2 "Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. 3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Great Sea [a] on the west. 5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
1. Swallow your fear
- Joshua 1:9 — "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
- You have to find a way to overcome your fears in order to walk in the authority of God. I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.
- Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
- The devil comes when you miss your Bible reading and prayer time – you are vulnerable.
2. Put on your full armor
- Ephesians 6:10-18 — 10 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."
- There will be battles you have to fight in order to grow closer to God.
- The devil has robbed you of things that belong to you. Put on the full armor and get ready to take it back!
- This is bigger than just you. We all have to be prepared to fight.
- Joshua 1:12-16 — 12 But to the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh, Joshua said, 13 "Remember the command that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: ‘The LORD your God is giving you rest and has granted you this land.’ 14 Your wives, your children and your livestock may stay in the land that Moses gave you east of the Jordan, but all your fighting men, fully armed, must cross over ahead of your brothers. You are to help your brothers 15 until the LORD gives them rest, as he has done for you, and until they too have taken possession of the land that the LORD your God is giving them. After that, you may go back and occupy your own land, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you east of the Jordan toward the sunrise." 16 Then they answered Joshua, "Whatever you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.
3. Set ambitious goals
- Set impossible dreams. Believe God is big enough to help you meet them!
- All things are possible!!
- Don’t just pray for someone to go to church – pray for God to get ahold of them and get into their lives. Pray for everything with exuberance.
- Everywhere you step God has given to you!!
- Set ambitious goals – even if you don’t meet your goal, you’ll still go higher.
- The devil has no answer to Faith. he trembles in fear when you walk in the Faith of the Lord.
- Joshua 2:9-11 — 9 and said to them, "I know that the LORD has given this land to you and that a great fear of you has fallen on us, so that all who live in this country are melting in fear because of you. 10 We have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed. 11 When we heard of it, our hearts melted and everyone’s courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.
4. Step into the water
- Joshua 3:10-17 — 10 This is how you will know that the living God is among you and that he will certainly drive out before you the Canaanites, Hittites, Hivites, Perizzites, Girgashites, Amorites and Jebusites. 11 See, the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth will go into the Jordan ahead of you. 12 Now then, choose twelve men from the tribes of Israel, one from each tribe. 13 And as soon as the priests who carry the ark of the LORD -the Lord of all the earth—set foot in the Jordan, its waters flowing downstream will be cut off and stand up in a heap. 14 So when the people broke camp to cross the Jordan, the priests carrying the ark of the covenant went ahead of them. 15 Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water’s edge, 16 the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away, at a town called Adam in the vicinity of Zarethan, while the water flowing down to the Sea of the Arabah (the Salt Sea ) was completely cut off. So the people crossed over opposite Jericho. 17 The priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan, while all Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground.
- When you step out with Faith, things are going to look out of control and scary.
- Step into the water first and God will take care of you.
- You might be afraid, but once you start moving in the right direction, breakthroughs will start to happen.
5. Consecrate yourself anew
- You cannot go to the next level with God by playing games. You have to renew your covanant with him.
- Weed out those bad habits, bad attitudes, and repent unforgiveness. Destroy the idols that have come between you and God.
6. Expect a new provision
- Focus on your soul prospering – the rest will take care of itself.
- Focus on prospering your relatinoship with God. God wants to bless you!
- I don’t know how God will provide for me, but I know He will!!
7. Expect God to show up
- Joshua 5:13-15 — 13 Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, "Are you for us or for our enemies?" 14 "Neither," he replied, "but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, "What message does my Lord have for his servant?" 15 The commander of the LORD’s army replied, "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so.
- Just before the battle, God showed up!
- Joshua and his army marched around the city for 7 days. No matter how foolish it sounded they did it b/c God showed up.
- When God shows up, walls come down.
- Seek after his presence, knowing God is what will sustain you.
- Don’t worry about how God is going to do it. God is bigger than our finite intellect. You might expect Him (demand Him) to part the water when He wants you to walk on it!
So what are you gonna do? Camp Out or Crossover?