This year, I started a challenge to read 52 books in 52 weeks. The goal of the challenge is to read at least one book each week for 52 weeks.
As part of the challenge, I’m also participating in several mini-challenges. I’m really excited about this. Between 2 kids with different literature curriculum, a nice new tablet for easy Kindle reading, and a library card, I think this should be easy. I plan to do more exercising/walking this year too, and hope to use that time for more audio books.
- Inspiration Reading Project – Faith based or the Classics (This covers all those unread self-help motivational/devotional books that I have stacking up here and there. I’m also doing the Project 51 Bible reading plan on YouVersion.com.)
- 5/5/5 Challenge – Read 5 books in 5 categories and/or 5 genres. (My picks:
- 5 Chunksters
- 5 Vintage Mysteries (pre-1950)
- 5 Plays
- 5 Non-Fictions
- 5 books out of my comfort zone.
- Continental Walk – Read at least one book from each continent (We’re starting in Canada. I think this one will be lots of fun.)
- Well Educated Mind – At least 3 books in any category based on the reading lists from the book “The Well Educated Mind“. (This is where that Lit curriculum comes in handy. LOL Many of the kids’ literature selections for the 2013 school terms come from the WEM reading list.)
2013 Finished books
- The Custom of the Army *** – a novella set during book 3 of the Outlander series.
- Audio version of Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (5/5/5 chunky)
- Anne of Green Gables – I’ve never read any of these before. (CW Canada)
- Project 51 reading plan on YouVersion (Inspirational)
- Beowulf (WEM)
- Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew (5/5/5 play)
- Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat – audio on request at the library (CW Canada, 5/5/5 non-fic)
- Dragonfly in Amber – audio, Outlander book 2 (5/5/5 chunky)
- The Outsiders
- Fahrenheit 451
- The Handmaid’s Tale (CW Canada, 5/5/5 comfort zone)
- Agincourt: A Novel by Bernard Cornwell
***** – Fantastic, couldn’t put it down
**** – Very good
*** – Enjoyable but nothing special
** – Not recommended
* – Horrible